A148 - Emergency Lug Nut Remover Socket - 1" - 21mm - 22.5mm
Orders placed before 12:00pm EST Mon-Fri ship same day. Orders placed after 12:00pm EST ship next business day.
- Features patented reverse tapered thread to remove stripped lug nuts or lug nuts with missing keys
- Fits lug nuts measuring 21mm - 22.5mm "point-to-point"
- Use with 1/2" drive impact wrench
- Heavy duty threads make these sockets reusable
- Fits: 21mm - 22.5mm Lugs
NOTE: Maximum recommended air pressure is 90 psi
- Install the 1" socket on impact wrench and switch wrench valve to the "unscrew" position.
- Hold wrench/socket square to lug nut, then turn socket counter-clockwise by hand until it "bites" the lug nut.
- Operate the impact wrench until the socket is driven on and the lug nut is removed.
- To remove a lug nut that is stuck inside the socket, grind flats on opposite sides of the exposed portion of the nut, then clamp them securely in a vise. Reverse the direction of the impact wrench and operate until the nut is extracted.
ATTENTION: It is NOT recommended to use Emergency Lug Nut Removers on wheels with deep and narrow lug wells/holes.
Emergency lug nut sockets are designed to remove OEM cap-style lug nuts. Removal of solid thin-wall nuts holding aftermarket wheel spacers is NOT recommended. Due to the extra rotational load required on wheel spacers, the nuts are usually made of denser metals, making the tool unable to displace material resulting in breakage.
DO NOT USE on lug nuts/bolts with spinning cap/ring.