8069 - Ford Water Pump Pulley Tool
Orders placed before 12:00pm EST Mon-Fri ship same day. Orders placed after 12:00pm EST ship next business day.
- Removes and installs water pump pulley on Ford, Lincoln and Mercury 3.0L DOHC engines
- Forcing screw with shaft protector
- Pulley removal plate
- 2 hex head cap screws with washers
- Forcing screw
- Compare to Ford factory tool #'s 303-S455, 303-009, 303-457
- Update - Now includes T-Puller
1. With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
2. Drain the cooling system.
3. Remove the coolant pump belt.
4. Using the Water Pump Pulley Plate, Water Pump Shaft Protector and a Pulley Puller Tool (Not Included), remove the coolant pump pulley.
5. Disconnect the heater hose from the coolant pump.
6. Disconnect the coolant pump-to-engine hose and position aside.
7. Remove the 3 bolts from the coolant pump assembly.
8. Reposition the coolant pump-to-thermostat housing hose clamp and remove the coolant
pump and hose as an assembly.
1. Connect the coolant pump-to-thermostat housing hose and reposition the clamp.
2. Position the coolant pump assembly and install the 3 bolts.
A. Tighten to 10 Nm (89 lb-in).
B. Tighten the 3 bolts an additional 90 degrees
3. Connect the coolant pump-to-engine hose and the heater hose.
4. Install the Camshaft Pulley Installer on the camshaft.
A. Adjust the collar on the Camshaft Pulley Installer to get the best thread
engagement in the rear of the camshaft.
NOTE: Only the roller collared nut from the Power Steering Pump Pulley
Installer is used on the Camshaft Pulley Installer.
5. Position the coolant pump pulley over the previously installed Camshaft Pulley Installer
on the end of the camshaft. Install the Camshaft Pulley Installer, Water Pump Pulley
Spacer and the Power Steering Pump Pulley Installer.
A. Using the Camshaft Pulley Installer, Water Pump Pulley Spacer and the Power
Steering Pump Pulley Installer, install the coolant pump pulley flush with the end of
6. Install the coolant pump belt.
7. Fill and bleed the cooling system.
303-009, 303-457, 303-s455 and 7483, 7483A