5414 - 4 Pc. Master Dipstick Tube Extractor Kit - Ford, Dodge, GM
Original price $139.95 - Original price $139.95
$139.95 - $139.95
Current price $139.95
Orders placed before 12:00pm EST Mon-Fri ship same day. Orders placed after 12:00pm EST ship next business day.
- 4 Pc master set for extracting broken dipstick tubes on Ford, Dodge, & GM
- Dipstick tubes are prone to break in these makes and models
- When the dipstick tube breaks off, a piece remains at entry point, located at the bottom of the engine block (near the oil pan)
- Use the extractor to thread into tube and remove with slide hammer or wrench
- Includes #5401 Thread Adapter Tool to use with standard slide hammer (5/8"-18 TPI)
- 5405 - Ford (4.6L, 5.4L, 6.2L & 6.8L)
- 5407 - Dodge (5.7L & 6.1L)
- 5409 - GM (4.8L, 5.3L, 5.7L, 6.0L & 6.2L)
- 5401 - 5/8"-18 TPI x 3/8"-16 TPI Slide hammer adapter
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Allow access to the broken dipstick tube at the base of the engine block.
- Clean the area around the broken tube thoroughly. Use brake cleaner or solvent on a rag to remove all dirt, oil residue and debris.
- Spray penetrating oil liberally into the open end of the broken tube. Allow time for the oil to penetrate down the tube.
- Thread the extractor down into the broken tube by hand initially. If needed, use a wrench to carefully thread the extractor further into the tube. Do not overtighten.
- Once the extractor is threaded securely into the tube, attach a pry bar or pliers onto the extractor base. Use the pry bar or pliers for leverage to loosen and pry the broken tube up and out.
- For stubborn tubes, attach the CTA 5401 adapter to use with a slide hammer. Use the slide hammer to apply pulling force while turning the extractor to unthread the broken tube.
- Once the broken tube is removed, clean the dipstick tube hole in the engine block thoroughly.
- Install a new replacement tube per manufacturer instructions. Refill engine oil.