2365 - 3-Valve Ford Triton Spark Plug Extractor Kit
Orders placed before 12:00pm EST Mon-Fri ship same day. Orders placed after 12:00pm EST ship next business day.
- Extracts broken-off spark plug sleeves in ’04 – ’08 (4.6, 5.4 & 6.8 engines)
- 8”/20cm high-speed steel tap
- Jam nut and rubber caps to prevent thread chips from entering cylinder bore
- May be used with #2364
- The spark plug will break in 1 of 2 modes:
Mode 1: The ground electrode shield is left behind as an empty shell.
Mode 2: The porcelain center and ground electrode shield is left behind. In this case, soak with penetrating oil and use long reach needle nose pliers to firmly grasp and remove the porcelain center from the ground electrode shield.
- Seat the stopper cap using a long drill bit or suitable wire sized for the internal diameter of the cap. Make sure the cap is bottomed out against the electrode strap. This will prevent thread shavings from entering cylinder bore.
- Place the guide into the spark plug well.
WARNING: DO NOT USE AIR OR POWERED TOOLS FOR PLUG REMOVAL
- Coat the end of the tap with general purpose grease and slowly insert the tap through the guide and carefully tap the ground electrode shield. Turn and tap 3 to 4 threads into the ground electrode shield. Be sure to tap slowly and back up tap frequently to break up chips and prevent cut material from coiling up and jamming inside electrode shield.
CAUTION: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE GROUND ELECTRODE SHIELD WITH THE TAP. THE TAP MAY BREAK IF ATTEMPTED.
- Once the ground electrode is tapped, insert the extractor through the guide and thread into the ground electrode shield. Place nylon washer and jam nut onto threaded shaft.
- While holding hex end of extractor with wrench, turn jam nut with another wrench to remove ground electrode shield.
65600, 391-200, 391-22A, 391-300, 391-250, 391-400, 391-900, and 391-160