3881 - BMW Crankshaft Front Oil Seal Installer - B37, B47, B48, B57, B58, N47 & N57
Orders placed before 12:00pm EST Mon-Fri ship same day. Orders placed after 12:00pm EST ship next business day.
- Replaces front crankshaft seal on BMW B37, B47, B48, B57, B58, N47 & N57 engines
- Components: 3881X01 – Press Sleeve, 3881X02 – Guide Tool, 3881X03 – Nut & 3881X04 – Screws
- Compare to BMW Factory Tool 118 800
1. Using the Guide tool (3881X02), clean off the contact rim and coat with fresh engine oil.
a. Secure the Guide tool (3881X02) with the screws (3881X04) to the crankshaft.
2. CAUTION! - Make sure all components are properly aligned prior to installation of seal.
a. Carefully slide the crankshaft seal over the Guide tool (3881X02) in a straight and rotational movement until it is aligned with the crankcase.
3. Position the Press Sleeve (3881X01) over the Guide tool (3881X02).
a. Carefully hand-tighten the Nut (3881X03) to ensure the seal lines up correctly.
4. After inspection of the seal and all components, begin tightening the Nut (3881X03) until the seal sits flush with the crankcase. CAUTION! - Do NOT overtighten and damage the seal.
a. Seal is now properly installed. Carefully remove all 3881 components.