5040 - Timing Chain Wedge - Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep - 4.7L V8
Save 0% Save %
Original price $19.95 - Original price $19.95
$19.95 - $19.95
Current price $19.95
- Properly setup and service engine timing
- Tool locks the timing chains against the hydraulic tensioners to prevent tensioner ratcheting and piston extension during service procedures
- Applications: 4.7L (PowerTech) V8
- Set engine to TDC No.1 compression. The cam sprocket "V8" mark should be at the 12:00 o'clock position.
- Mark one link on the timing chain to the cam sprocket - this will help during reassembly.
- Position No. 5040 between the timing chains. Tap the tool to securely wedge the timing chain against the tensioner arm and guide.
- Carefully remove the cam sprocket bolt. The cylinder head and/or valve train are ready for service