4035 - Macpherson Strut Spring Compressor
Save 0% Save %
Original price $48.95 - Original price $48.95
$48.95 - $48.95
Current price $48.95
- Removes and installs coil springs where removal through the center of the spring is not possible
- Services both Straight & Curved Coil Springs
- Includes S-bolts & wing nuts
- Maximum diameter spring that the hooks will accommodate is 0.75".
- Diameter of the rod: 5/8"
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STRAIGHT COIL SPRINGS:
- Install 3 leg assemblies evenly around the spring. Turn nuts finger-tight to hold in position.
- Install one S-bolt near the center of each leg with open end pointing away from the spring. Place the bar and wing nuts on the S-bolt, then finger-tighten the wing nuts.
- Tighten each leg nut a little at a time to compress spring gradually. Do not over-compress.
- To release the compressor, loosen each leg nut a little at a time.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CURVED COIL SPRINGS:
- With the car raised and safely supported, place a jack under the lower control arm. Raising the jack will compress the spring.
- Install as many leg assemblies and safety S-bolts as possible (see #1 & #2 above), then finger-tighten the leg nuts.
- Disconnect the lower control arm bolts, then slowly lower the jack until the spring can be removed. The curved contour will remain.
- To install a new coil spring, use one or more legs and S-bolts to produce the necessary curve.
NOTE: Keep the threaded portion of the legs clean and well greased.