4004 - Ball Joint Service Kit
Orders placed before 12:00pm EST Mon-Fri ship same day. Orders placed after 12:00pm EST ship next business day.
- Contains press, 3 receiver tubes, installation, and removal adapters, plus 4WD adapters to service '67 thru current 1/2 and 3/4 ton vehicles with Dana 44 front axles
- Also services U-joints and heavy-duty truck brake anchor pins
- Ball Joint Service Set w/ 4WD Adapters
- Remove the knuckle assembly from the vehicle according to the instructions in the service manual.
- It may be necessary to remove the steering arm before servicing the upper ball joint on the left hand knuckle.
- The lower ball joint must be removed before any service can be performed on the upper ball joint.
- Remove the lower ball joint ring.
- Assemble the ball joint press over the ball joint.
- Turn the forcing screw until it meets the ball joint. Check the alignment of all components. Tighten the forcing screw until the ball joint is removed.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 to remove the upper ball joint.
Note: The lower ball joint must be installed before the upper ball joint.
- Clean the knuckle and coat it with suitable lubricant.
- Assemble the ball joint into the knuckle.
- Assemble the ball joint press components. Check the alignment of all components. Tighten the forcing screw until the ball joint is firmly seated.
- Install the snap ring on the lower ball joint.
- Repeat steps 1-3 to install the upper ball joint.
- Install the knuckle assembly to the vehicle according to the vehicle service manual procedures.
4079, 220-0343, and W89304