38149 - ProThread 14mm Spark Plug Repair Kit - Non-Tapered Seat
Orders placed before 12:00pm EST Mon-Fri ship same day. Orders placed after 12:00pm EST ship next business day.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW PRO THREAD FLYER
- Pro-Thread Kits offer a cost effective method of repairing and strengthening threads in various materials such as cast iron, steel, aluminum, and other metals and plastics
- Effective for automotive repair, spark plug ports, outdoor power equipment, motorcycle repairs, farm equipment, and more!
- Easy to install, just DRILL, TAP, INSERT, SNAP!
- Pro-Thread inserts provide a permanent wear resistant internal thread
- Stainless steel inserts resist the effects of temperature and corrosion
- Wire inserts help to compensate for the thread and pitch angle errors
- Repaired threads are generally stronger than the original parent material thread
• Thread Size: Metric M14 x 1.25
• Includes tap, installation tool and sets of inserts
• 2 x 3/8" , 2 x 1/2" , 2 x 3/4" OAL inserts
TAP: Pilot nose taps require no pre-drilling. Lubricate the tap with o suitable lubricant. Hand start tap and then turn with 19mm or ¾” socket wrench. Tap entire length of port.
SELECT INSERT: Ensure selected insert is the same length as the thread on the spark plug. The knurled end of the insert should be at the top of the spark plug port.
INSTALL INSERT: Wind the correct insert on to the spark plug. Coat outside threads with hi-temp silicone. Wind assembly into spark plug port until fully seated. Wind spark plug out.
COMPLETE INSTALLATION: Place swage tool into insert and hit several times to expand knurl. Install spark plug to recommended torque. Do not run engine until sealant has cured (refer to manufacturers instructions).