3435 - Chrysler Fuel Injection Tester
Orders placed before 12:00pm EST Mon-Fri ship same day. Orders placed after 12:00pm EST ship next business day.
- Test vehicles with TBI and Multi-port fuel injection
- Features 3-1/2" (90mm) gauge with dual calibration (5-145 PSI / 25-1,000 kPa)
- 3 hose assemblies
- MADE IN USA
- Review pre-test information on the reverse side of this sheet.
- For systems with Schrader valve connection on the fuel, connect the valve hose connector to the gauge assembly, and thread to the valve on the fuel rail. Hand tighten only. Do not confuse with the air conditioning system.
- If there is no Schrader test port, disable the fuel pump by disconnecting or unplugging the electrical connection.
- Disconnect the fuel line on the supply side, using a rag around the connections to avoid spilling fuel. Insert the tee assembly, and attach to the test gauge assembly.
- Re-activate the fuel pump, start engine, and observe pressure.
Pressure readings for multi port should be:
4 cylinder 40 psi
4 cylinder turbo 55 psi
V-6 Chrysler 45-53 psi
For Chrysler TBI readings should be:
1981-85 34-36 psi
1986-90 15 psi
1991 early convert 15 psi
1991 others & Up 39 psi
Always check with the manufacturer to confirm proper pressures.
Lower than recommended pressure usually means a problem on the supply side of the system. Likely causes would include a damaged or restricted fuel line, clogged fuel filter, defective fuel pump or regulator, or improper tank ventilation. Higher than normal pressures usually means a problem on the return side of the system. Likely causes are a damaged or restricted return line, a defective fuel regulator, or poor tank ventilation.